finance co-ordinator position available in Melbourne
Friends of the Earth Melbourne, (FoEM) is a community-based organisation, looking for a Finance Coordinator with a strong commitment to social and environmental justice.
Contract: 3 days/week (0.6)
Wage: $60,236 p.a. pro rata ($36,142 p.a.) plus superannuation
- Position based at FoE M campaigns office at 312 Smith St, Collingwood VIC.
- The position is a twelve-month appointment. With satisfactory performance, it is highly likely the candidate will be offered a permanent position.
- The Finance Coordinator reports to FoEM Committee of Management and to the internal FoEM organisation group.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
The key responsibilities relate to the sound financial management of Friends of the Earth Melbourne (FoEM) and Friends of the Earth Australia (FoEA) and maintenance and development of their financial systems that includes the following:
Strategic Planning and financial oversight
- Preparation of six monthly budgets for Operations Collective and FoE Australia and presentation of budgets to the Office Collective, the Strategy Collective and FoE Australia National Meetings
- Cash flow management
- Improving and updating financial and membership systems
- Develop and Maintain Finance Coordinator procedures manual
- Payment of all FoEM and FoEA wages including record keeping, monthly payment of PAYE tax, issuing of tax certificates and other tasks associated with wages
- Record keeping and payment of Superannuation, Leave entitlement and Workcare as required by legislation for FoEM an FoEA
- Banking - Deposits at least once weekly, transfers as required, monthly bank reconciliations etc.
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Filing and maintenance of necessary paper trails associated with efficient record/bookkeeping
- Maintenance of QuickBooks accounting software.
- Manage and report to campaigns and collectives budgets and cash flow
- Staff and volunteer expense reimbursements.
Membership support and systems development
- Assist Membership and Fundraising Coordinator with members and donor queries,
- Servicing members – sending receipts for membership and Active Friends (monthly donations) programs.
- Work with the Operations Coordinator for the preparation and submission of Annual Returns to Consumer Affairs Victoria, statistical return for the federal Department of Environment and Heritage,
- Fundraising Registrations - Consumer Affairs Victoria and other returns as required for FoEM and FoEA
- Work with our Pro Bono accountant in preparation of financial reports for the annual audit
- Record keeping and quarterly payment of GST for FoEM and FoEA
- Preparation of reports for campaign collectives, management committees and financial reports to funding bodies and for funding applications;
- Preparation of monthly financial reports & cash flow for campaign collectives and projects