- Like to contribute to Chain Reaction?
- 'More information' section
- Bio note
- Word limits
Chain Reaction contact
0417 318 368
Like to contribute to Chain Reaction?
- We welcome articles, photos, poems, reviews ... though of course we can't publish everything that is submitted.
- Feel free to contact us if you have an idea for an article.
- Unfortunately we cannot pay for articles.
- Please supply a high-resolution picture/graphic to go with your article, and a caption to go with the picture, and the name of the photographer/designer so they can be credited.
- Please get permission from the photographer/designer to use the picture/graphic.
- If there are people in the photo, name them if at all possible.
- All images have to be at least 300dpi and the minimum size you want them to be on the page (cm x cm).
'More information' section
- We like to include some key literature for readers who want more information, in a section titled 'More information' at the end of the article. It can include websites for key organisations, references to particular articles/books, etc.
- Please include a short bio note (1-2 sentences) at the end of your article. If you want to, include your contact details, website etc.
- Better you stick to the word limit than having editor/s cutting the article to size.
- A 'standard' Chain Reaction article is about 1,000 words with a couple of pictures - a double-page spread. Many articles are shorter. Each edition typically contains one or two longer articles.
Please write without references or footnotes. If a comment needs attribution, do it in the text, e.g.
-- The Australian Conservation Foundation noted in its October 2006 submission to the Senate inquiry on the EPBC amendments that ...
-- The Sydney Morning Herald reported on July 15, 2005 that ...
- Bush lawyer Greg Ogle's guide to avoiding defamation is posted at: http://users.senet.com.au/~gregogle/Risk_Minimisation.html
- Please contact Chain Reaction editors if you want further advice regarding defamation.