Chain Reaction Contact [email protected]
Moran Wiesel: 0407 262 399
CONTRIBUTING TO CHAIN REACTION
#CR146: Strong Blak Resistance
Chain Reaction #146 is an all-Indigenous edition, guest edited by Nick Chesterfield. Below are some themes we’d like to cover - but there might be other areas that come to mind for you. Each contributor will receive a $200 stipend.
We welcome articles, book reviews, campaign updates, artworks, poems, stories - even if you've never written or published anything before. So get in touch with your idea!
Submission Date: 4th July 2023
Jotform link for submissions: https://form.jotform.com/231280813393858
Themes to explore:
- Does the proposed Constitutional changes in an Aboriginal Voice to Parliament provide any meaningful vehicle to defend Aboriginal Land from devastation? Why or why Not?
- How can blak resistance best be supported? How can we see the blak change we want to see in the world?
- Extractivism & Post-Extractivism resistance – Indigenous campaigns and analysis: mines, gas, waterways & dams, forestry, rare earth minerals, uranium/nuclear… etc.!
- Incarceration & abolitionism/police violence/squashing blak protests
- Pastoralism, landclearing, cattle barons, and genocide resistance.
- Land back movement
- Frontier Wars//blak colonial history
- Disability justice and colonisation // elder care / blak mutual aid processes & blak joy in resistance
- Blak led climate change mitigation & caring for country
- Food security
We’d love to include a diversity of perspectives, knowledges, and experiences in this edition, as a celebration of the rich ongoing cultural fight on this continent.
Contributor guidelines (including word lengths and style guide)