Chain Reaction Magazine
Published three times a year, Chain Reaction is the national magazine of Friends of the Earth, Australia. Published since 1975, Chain Reaction has built up a loyal audience and earned a reputation as a progressive magazine at the forefront of environmental and social debates in Australia. You can read a short history of Chain Reaction here.
- Gillard's 'green tape' propaganda
- Dangerous ingredients in sunscreen and cosmetics
- Indigenous communities, conservation and the resource boom
- Deep Sea Mining − The Pacific Experiment
- River Red Gums face new threat
- Baillieu's resignation opens door for wind policy shift
- Campaigning to stop the fourth coal terminal in Newcastle
- Australia's electricity market: making the polluters profitable
- The dirty business of coal in NSW
- Climate politics and the climate movement in Australia
- Campaign for an Iraq War Inquiry
- Uranium backflip in Queensland
- Spinning the Fukushima nuclear disaster
- ... and loads more.
Click here to download current and past issues of Chain Reaction.
Advertising rates & specs
Click here for advertising info.
To get Chain Reaction
You can subscribe online.
6 issues (2 years) $33 or 12 Issues (4 years) $60
Post cheque/money order to: Chain Reaction, P.O. Box 222, Fitzroy, Victoria, 3065. (Make cheques out to Chain Reaction.)
To pay by credit card, you can post your card details, or email details to email@example.com or phone the Friends of the Earth office (03) 9419 8700.
Click here for a subscription form to fill in then post or email.
Visit your local FoE office: www.foe.org.au/groups
Click here for author guidelines.
Like to volunteer some time to support Chain Reaction?
Please contact Jim 0417 318368 firstname.lastname@example.org
Some volunteers jobs:
- sending out back issues of Chain Reaction to libraries, NGOs etc to attract new subscribers (doesn't matter where you're based for this job)
- book review editor (experience required)
- help three times a year with the mailout to Chain Reaction subscribers (Melbourne)
Contact details for Chain Reaction
- Jim Green, 0417 318 368, email@example.com, PO Box 222, Fitzroy, Vic, 3065
"Chain Reaction is a worthwhile and accessible avenue for identifying teacher and student resources as well as keeping up to date on environmental issues." -- Journal of the Geography Teachers' Association of Victoria, March 2011.