Published three times a year, Chain Reaction is the national magazine of Friends of the Earth, Australia. Published since 1975, Chain Reaction has built up a loyal audience and earned a reputation as a progressive magazine at the forefront of environmental and social debates in Australia. You can read a short history of Chain Reaction here.
Latest issue: Chain Reaction #130, September 2017
Click here to read or download (PDF).
- Permaculture and Activism ‒ David Holmgren
- The Art of Frugal Hedonism ‒ Kirsten Bradley
- FRIENDS OF THE EARTH ARTICLES
- The long campaign against the environment movement ‒ Cam Walker
- Making history: El Salvador becomes first country to ban metal mining ‒ Sam Cossar-Gilbert and Riccardo Navarro
- Put that bottle down now! Nanoparticles in infant formula products ‒ Louise Sales
- FoE Melbourne's new forest campaign ‒ Ed Hill
- FoE's Dirt Radio going strong in its sixth year ‒ John Langer
- Pesticides and drinking water supplies ‒ Anthony Amis
NUCLEAR, CLIMATE, ENERGY
- Yami Lester
- Aboriginal people do not want a nuclear waste dump in South Australia ‒ Karina Lester
- Talisman Saber 2017 military exercises ‒ Robin Taubenfeld
- Boys and their toys: the growing movement against nuclear nations ‒ Sue Wareham
- Nuclear power's annus horribilis ‒ Jim Green
- The case for a climate budget: It's time for Victoria to invest in climate action ‒ Leigh Ewbank
- 2016 another record year for renewables
- What's behind the Finkel Review on energy security? ‒ Ben Courtice
- What does Finkel mean for community power? ‒ Kim Shore
- A climate solution that also lifts indigenous rights ‒ Douglas Fischer
- Ten Years Too Long – Stop the Intervention
- Around the world, environmental laws are under attack ‒ Bill Laurance
- Environmental defenders being killed in record numbers globally, new research reveals ‒ Jonathan Watts and John Vidal
- Fracking pipeline construction looms ‒ Jimmy Cocking
- Radiation risks and fracking
- Controversial copper mine on Bougainville hits roadblock
- Witness to the Revolution: Radicals, Resisters, Vets, Hippies
Subscribe to receive printed copies of Chain Reaction here!
Cheques and money orders made out to 'Friends of the Earth' for subscriptions can be posted to PO Box 222, Fitzroy, VIC 3065. Email email@example.com for more options or call +61 03 9419 8700.
Issue #129 - click here for PDF
Issue #128 - click here for PDF
Check out past issues (#127 and earlier) here.
Would you like to advertise in Chain Reaction? Click here to find out more!
Would you like to write for Chain Reaction? Click here for author guidelines.
"Chain Reaction is a worthwhile and accessible avenue for identifying teacher and student resources as well as keeping up to date on environmental issues."
-- Journal of the Geography Teachers' Association of Victoria, March 2011.