Published three times a year, Chain Reaction is the national magazine of Friends of the Earth, Australia. Published since 1975, Chain Reaction has built up a loyal audience and earned a reputation as a progressive magazine at the forefront of environmental and social debates in Australia. You can read a short history of Chain Reaction here.
Latest issue: Chain Reaction #129, April 2017
Click here to read or download (PDF).
- Why the National Electricity Market is a disaster, and how to fix it
- The government is right to fund energy storage: a 100% renewable grid is within reach
- Will the Victorian Liberal's anti-renewables stance cost it an election?
- Australia's snubs nuclear weapons talks
- With Donald Trump in power, Australia urgently needs to re-evaluate its US bases
- Undemocratic, racist nuclear waste legislation should be dumped
- Fukushima nuclear disaster and the violation of women's and children's human rights
- Half of the world's nuclear power industry is in crisis
- Militarism and environmentalism
- Victoria's koala population needs protection
- Evidence mounts that nano-titanium dioxide in food may be harmful
- Food supply and the next generation of GM breeding
- Fracking's frontier politics: The Northern Territory at an energy crossroads
- Why won't Australia ratify an international deal to cut mercury pollution?
- Deep sea mining plans for Papua New Guinea raise alarm
- The troubling evolution of corporate greenwashing
- Famine doesn't just 'happen' – and those who cause it must be held to account
- A new deal with capitalism requires a revolution in politics and markets
- Melbourne's air warfare convention: 'The ultimate family adventure'?
- Why 'green-black' alliances are less simple than they seem
- ... and more!
Subscribe to receive printed copies of Chain Reaction here!
Cheques and money orders made out to 'Friends of the Earth' for subscriptions can be posted to PO Box 222, Fitzroy, VIC 3065. Email email@example.com for more options or call +61 03 9419 8700.
Check out past issues here.
Would you like to advertise in Chain Reaction? Click here to find out more!
Would you like to write for Chain Reaction? Click here for author guidelines.
"Chain Reaction is a worthwhile and accessible avenue for identifying teacher and student resources as well as keeping up to date on environmental issues."
-- Journal of the Geography Teachers' Association of Victoria, March 2011.