First Nations groups are calling on all communities to join with them to stand on Invasion Day 2020 - Sunday January 26th - in an Annual Day of Protest.
Friends of the Earth pays respect to all First Nations peoples in this difficult time of year.
This is a time to stand together and protest ongoing colonial violence.
Friends of the Earth will not celebrate Australia Day and encourage members and supporters to join the actions around the country.
Here are a list of many of the events (click through for more details):
- Adelaide - Survival Day - from 1pm
- Armidale - Survival Day 10am 26-Jan
- Bermagui - Survival Day 2020 from 1pm 26-Jan
- Brisbane Invasion Day March and Rally #AbolishAustraliaDay from 10am
- Darwin - Always Was, Always Will Be from 11:30am
- Newcastle Invasion Day Rally
- Melbourne Invasion Day Dawn Service from 5:30am - Kings Domain Resting Place
- Melbourne Invasion Day 2020 #AbolishAustraliaDay from 11am
- Nipaluna (Hobart) - Invasion Day from 11am
- Perth - Invasion Day Rally - from 12pm
- Warrang (Sydney) Invasion Day 2020 from 11am
- Townsville Survival Day from 11am
Please join us this Invasion Day and condemn the ongoing violence, ongoing theft, and ongoing discrimination against First Nations peoples.
We have hung a banner from our Smith St office in Yalla-birr-ang/Collingwood to mark the resistance.