Who We Are Content Panel 2
FoE Australia Federation aims to:
- Work to protect and conserve the natural environment
- Operate, organise, educate and campaign from an environmental and climate justice framework
- Build and stimulate a movement of social change towards an ecologically stable and self-managed society
- Support First Nations struggles and justice – Read More
- Centre and amplify frontline voices, and empower communities to defend and transform themselves and their local environments
- Strive for system change by working for gender justice and to dismantle patriarchy within our work and our struggles - Read More
- Work for economic justice and to dismantle capitalism and class oppression - Read More
- Work for environmental and human rights and to dismantle all forms of oppression - Read More
- To collectively ensure environmental and social justice, human dignity, and respect for human rights and peoples' rights so as to secure sustainable societies.
- To halt and reverse environmental degradation and depletion of natural resources, nurture the earth's ecological and cultural diversity, and secure sustainable livelihoods.
- To secure the empowerment of indigenous peoples, local communities, women, groups and individuals, and to ensure public participation in decision-making.
- To bring about transformation towards sustainability and equity between and within societies with creative approaches and solutions.
- To engage in vibrant campaigns, raise awareness, mobilise peoples and build alliances with diverse movements, linking grassroots, national and global struggles.
- To inspire one another and to harness, strengthen and complement each other's capacities, living the change we wish to see and working together in solidarity.
- To challenge the current model of economic and corporate neoliberal globalisation, and promote solutions that will help to create environmentally sustainable and socially just societies.