Published three times a year, Chain Reaction is the national magazine of Friends of the Earth, Australia. Published since 1975, Chain Reaction has built up a loyal audience and earned a reputation as a progressive magazine at the forefront of environmental and social debates in Australia. You can read a short history of Chain Reaction here.
Latest issue: Chain Reaction #132, April 2018
Click the links below to read articles online or to download PDF click here
- FoE Australia News
- The movements of the Australian environment movement ‒ Cam Walker
- Why do Chinese workers matter? ‒ Andrew Taylor
- Documents reveal FSANZ misled minister regarding the safety and legality of nanoparticles in baby formula ‒ Jeremy Tager
- The failure of a forestry giant's carbon offset project in Uganda ‒ Kristen Lyons
- Postcapitalising post carbon for the win ‒ Karun Cowper
- CSIRO planning US military funded genetic extinction experiments in Western Australia ‒ Louise Sales
- Australia could become the first country in the world to deregulate genetically modified animals ‒ Louise Sales
- Brisbane celebrating 50 years of direct action for civil liberties ‒ Robin Taubenfeld
- Our chance to cut Victoria's emissions ‒ Zianna Fuad
- Victoria's Emissions Reduction Targets: A Primer
- Clean Coal LOL ... but carbon capture and storage off Ninety Mile Beach is no laughing matter ‒ Catherine Hearse
- The Federal Coalition's climate failure: An overview ‒ Leigh Ewbank
- The love and loss of Granite Mountain forest ‒ Darcy M. Hesse
- VicForests facing charges of illegal rainforest logging
- Melbourne Metro Rail Tunnel #2 ‒ Daniel Bowen
- War is Peace! Good guys with guns ‒ Robin Taubenfeld
- Uranium industry slumps, nuclear power dead in the water
- Australian nuclear battles, and victoriesUranium industry slumps, nuclear power dead in the water ‒ Jim Green
- My story of Students of Sustainability ‒ Cam Villani and Stephan Encisco
- The ongoing Gippsland Lakes debacle ‒ Anthony Amis
- Cassowaries in the Wet Tropics of Far North Queensland ‒ Ingrid Marker
- Retrosuburbia: the downshifters guide to a resilient future
- Janesville, Wisconsin ‒ rebuilding after the closure of General Motors
- Catching Thunder: The Sea Shepherd's hunt for illegal fishers
- The Interdependent Organization – The Path to a More Sustainable Enterprise
- Ecofeminism as Politics: Nature, Marx and the Postmodern
- Women and Power: A Manifesto
Subscribe to receive printed copies of Chain Reaction here!
Cheques and money orders made out to 'Friends of the Earth' for subscriptions can be posted to PO Box 222, Fitzroy, VIC 3065. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more options or call +61 03 9419 8700.
Issue #132, April 2018 - click here
Issue #131, December 2017 - click here
Issue #130, September 2017 - click here to read or download (PDF).
Issue #129 - click here for PDF
Issue #128 - click here for PDF
Issues #97 (2006) to #127 (2016) are posted here.
Old issues from 1975 to 1994 are posted here.
ADVERTISE IN CHAIN REACTION
Would you like to advertise in Chain Reaction? Click here to find out more!
Would you like to write for Chain Reaction? Click here for author guidelines.
"Chain Reaction is a worthwhile and accessible avenue for identifying teacher and student resources as well as keeping up to date on environmental issues." -- Journal of the Geography Teachers' Association of Victoria, March 2011.