Published three times a year, Chain Reaction is the national magazine of Friends of the Earth, Australia. Published since 1975, Chain Reaction has built up a loyal audience and earned a reputation as a progressive magazine at the forefront of environmental and social debates in Australia. You can read a short history of Chain Reaction here.
Latest issue: Chain Reaction #134, December 2018
To read or download PDF click here, or to read online use the links below.
FRIENDS OF THE EARTH ARTICLES
- FoE Australia News
- A dead river's a real drag ‒ Fox Pflueger
- Australian miners hone in on Ecuador ‒ Anthony Amis
- States reject proposal to deregulate new genetic modification techniques ‒ Louise Sales
- Rethink Melbourne's North East Link ‒ Rachel Lynskey
- Indramayu farmers against coal power ‒ Wahyu Widianto
- Resist fascism: building food sovereignty from people's unity ‒Martín Drago
- People Power in action: Communities in England resist fracking
ENERGY & CLIMATE
- Four key steps to take Australia towards 100 per cent renewable electricity ‒ Mark Diesendorf
- Port Augusta shows off its green energy credentials ‒ Stephen Long
- The energy of Thomas Playford ‒ David Faber
- REN21 Renewables 2018 Global Status Report
- Yes, Prime Minister, I'm striking from school
- What would a fair energy transition look like? ‒ Franziska Mey and Chris Briggs
- UN nuclear weapons ban treaty spurs research on impact of nuclear testing ‒ Matthew Bolton
- ANSTO nuclear waste to compromise safety and security in SA ‒ David Noonan
- Matt Canavan's 'urgent' new nuclear waste dump: The devil is in the detail ‒ Dave Sweeney
- Don't dump on South Australia rally ‒ Mara Bonacci
- Australian Nuclear Free Alliance 2018 meeting
- Western Australian uranium industry on the brink ‒ Mia Pepper
- Nuclear industry insiders and lobbyists learns to love the bomb ‒ Jim Green
- Margaret Thorsbourne
- How the environmental justice movement transforms our world
- Almost four environmental defenders a week killed in 2017 ‒ Jonathan Watts
- Agent Orange — a humanitarian concern we can do something about ‒ Charles Bailey
- Working to protect cassowaries in far-north Queensland ‒ Ingrid Marker
- It's time for Australia to stop arms promotion ‒ Medical Association for Prevention of War
- Sitting here on Djapwurrung country protecting sacred trees ‒ Amanda Mahonet
- Chemical pollutants ‒ Just because the amounts are small, does it mean they are safe? ‒ Alfred Poulos
Subscribe to receive printed copies of Chain Reaction here!
Cheques and money orders made out to 'Friends of the Earth' for subscriptions can be posted to PO Box 222, Fitzroy, VIC 3065. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more options or call +61 03 9419 8700.
Issue #134, December 2018 - click here
Issue #133, September 2018 - click here.
Issue #132, April 2018 - click here
Issue #131, December 2017 - click here
Issue #130, September 2017 - click here for PDF
Issue #129 - click here for PDF
Issue #128 - click here for PDF
Issues #97 (2006) to #127 (2016) are posted here.
Old issues from 1975 to 1994 are posted here.
ADVERTISE IN CHAIN REACTION
Would you like to advertise in Chain Reaction? Click here to find out more!
Would you like to write for Chain Reaction? Click here for author guidelines.
"Chain Reaction is a worthwhile and accessible avenue for identifying teacher and student resources as well as keeping up to date on environmental issues." -- Journal of the Geography Teachers' Association of Victoria, March 2011.