Published three times a year, Chain Reaction is the national magazine of Friends of the Earth, Australia. Published since 1975, Chain Reaction has built up a loyal audience and earned a reputation as a progressive magazine at the forefront of environmental and social debates in Australia. You can read a short history of Chain Reaction here.
Latest issue: Chain Reaction #133, September 2018
To read or download PDF click here, or to read online use the links below.
FRIENDS OF THE EARTH ARTICLES
- FoE Australia News
- Quantifying risks to Australian drinking water quality ‒ Anthony Amis
- Plan to sell Mother Nature down the river ‒ Megan Williams
- The proposed Nullinga Dam in North Queensland
- Concerns over spraying on Lake Tinaroo ‒ John Glue
- The magnitude of the planetary crisis requires action of a similar size ‒ Karin Nansen
- Several months on and still no protection for Mt Baw Baw quoll ‒ Maggie Riddington
- Wild Elements: A photo exhibition in support of East Gippsland's old growth forests ‒ Ed Hill
- Vic logging experiment designed to kill threatened Greater Gliders ‒ Ed Hill
- It's about time super funds came clean on climate ‒ Julien Vincent
- A tale of two valleys: The isolation of regional voices and their fight for community resilience ‒ Zianna Fuad
- Rising tide of court cases threatens Shell ‒ Sara Shaw and Freek Bersch
- Implications of climate change for Australia’s national security: Whose security do they have in mind? ‒ Jyotishma Rajan and Wendy Flannery
- An overview of climate change related displacement, relocation and migration challenges in the Pacific ‒ Volker Boege
- Loss and damage in the international climate negotiations
- Air pollution – not just global warming ‒ Alfred Poulos
- Just and equitable urban greening? ‒ Benjamin Cooke and Tyler King
- A journey to the heart of the anti-nuclear resistance in Australia: Rad Tour 2018 ‒ Ray Acheson
- Mismanaging Australia's nuclear waste ‒ Mara Bonacci
- The Vision of Ecological Civilization ‒ Lloyd Hebert
- The use of biological warfare in the conquest of Australia
- The Biggest Estate on Earth – How Aborigines Made Australia
- Dark Emu
- Dissent: student press and the rise of the counterculture in 1960s Australia
- The Silent Threat
- Eggshell Skull
- Adani and the War Over Coal
- Global Green Shift: When Ceres Meets Gaia
- Marx and the Earth: An anti-critique
- Seven steps to creating a sustainability transition movement in your community
- How Russia helped Donald Trump win
- The Big Four: The Global Accounting Monopoly
Subscribe to receive printed copies of Chain Reaction here!
Cheques and money orders made out to 'Friends of the Earth' for subscriptions can be posted to PO Box 222, Fitzroy, VIC 3065. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more options or call +61 03 9419 8700.
Issue #133, September 2018 - click here.
Issue #132, April 2018 - click here
Issue #131, December 2017 - click here
Issue #130, September 2017 - click here to read or download (PDF).
Issue #129 - click here for PDF
Issue #128 - click here for PDF
Issues #97 (2006) to #127 (2016) are posted here.
Old issues from 1975 to 1994 are posted here.
ADVERTISE IN CHAIN REACTION
Would you like to advertise in Chain Reaction? Click here to find out more!
Would you like to write for Chain Reaction? Click here for author guidelines.
"Chain Reaction is a worthwhile and accessible avenue for identifying teacher and student resources as well as keeping up to date on environmental issues." -- Journal of the Geography Teachers' Association of Victoria, March 2011.