Everyone likes dumplings, but no one likes dumps.
The Federal government is trying to impose a radioactive waste dump in South Australia, despite State legislation that makes them illegal, opposition from Traditional Owners and a truly flawed plan that’s done nothing but cost money and divide communities.
Please support the communities of the Flinders Ranges and Kimba by sending a submission to the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science.
Get friends, family and co-workers together, eat dumplings and say NO to nuclear waste in SA and host a “Dumplings not Dumps” session.
dump·ling | \ ˈdəmp-liŋ
Definition of dumpling
: something soft and rounded like a dumpling
especially : a short fat person or animal
\ ˈdəmp \ dumped; dumping; dumps
Definition of dump
Write a submission to the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
- Write submissions against the radioactive waste dump proposed for SA
- All the info you need to write a submission is at www.foe.org.au/have_your_say
- You can use this online proforma and either use the existing text or edit to suit or you can write your own submission
- Submissions are due by 12th December 2019
Eat dumplings, have fun
Dumpling options: There are so many types to choose from - momos, wontons, ravioli, kreplach, pierogi, gnocchi, Jamaican patties, gyoza, knishes, empanadas, samosas and more.
- Cheat: Buy some from an asian grocery or supermarket and steam, boil or fry
- Really cheat: Go to a restaurant and have a “Dumplings not Dumps” session around the table
- Don’t cheat: Make your own
Take a photo and post with #DumplingsNotDumps and email to [email protected]