This training is the second session within a trans module that ensures work places will have a better understanding around transgender and gender diverse language and identities. This workshop is a deep-dive exploration of authentic allyship and investigation into some common pitfalls of diversity and inclusion initiatives. With real-life case studies, participants will get the chance to practice pragmatic tools for better allyship within the workplace and their own lives.
- Key concepts around allyship
- Analysis of the ways privilege and oppression can exist concurrently
- Competency in taking action that improves the safety for trans and gender diverse clients, customers, colleagues and employees
- Tools to apply inclusive language and build inclusive policies within the workplace
- Ability to create a culture of safety and celebration for trans and gender diverse people in the organisation
- DURATION: 3 hours