The Melbourne Friends of the Earth Food Coop team have been working around the clock to continue to serve our Collingwood community and provide healthy affordable food during the COVID-19 crisis.
We cannot yet fully comprehend the impact that COVID-19 will have on Friends of the Earth and our community. But, like many small retail and hospitality outlets, our social enterprise cafe and bulk foods store is already being hit hard by the pandemic.
And, we're excited to announce that you can now order online to 'Click and Collect' seasonal vegetable boxes, bulk food, pantry items and groceries.
The Friends of the Earth Food Coop and Cafe is the lifeblood of our community; it is our social enterprise and a key source of income to support the operational costs of Friends of the Earth Melbourne campaign office located at 312 Smith St, Collingwood, VIC.
How does Click and Collect work?
- You can build your own basic box of pantry/ home staples, or check out a wider range of our products on our DIY grocery form
- We will call you to confirm orders and take payment over the phone. This week, orders placed by Thursday will be available for pickup Friday - Sunday, all packed in recyclable and reusable containers.
The Food Coop is a community institution, with decades of serving and selling locally grown, affordable organics and bulk food to the Collingwood community and beyond.
When you Click and Collect you'll be helping to:
- Support Victorian farmers and producers
- Ensure we can stay open for the duration of COVID-restrictions
- Continue to cover essential operational costs of our campaigns office
- Keep the spread of infections on a downward trajectory, with social distance shopping!
The Friends of the Earth Food Co-op and Cafe is a not-for-profit social enterprise. That means every cent donated or spent in-store goes back into supporting the environmental and social justice campaigns at Friends of the Earth Melbourne.
A monthly donation will support the Food Coop to keep the doors open to provide food for our community, and ensure we can afford wages for key Food Coop staff, keeping the Food Coop and Cafe operational during COVID-19.
All Friends of the Earth Members receive a discount on purchases.
We're still serving takeaway and we're open as usual for bulk food and grocery shopping, with extra hygiene protocols in place, of course!
Thank you so much for your ongoing support so that we can continue to Mobilise - Resist - Transform, even in these challenging times.